From 15th to 21th of June the Périscope in Lyon is hosting a full week of training and meeting programme for the 2021 promotion of european agents. While meeting their mentor experts who will support them along the project in developping their activity, a diverse panel of professionals will also present them a wide range of skills and projects. A full schedule of workshops, tour visits and meetings will help us to define and question the specifities of our industry in terms of artist circulation, business management, communication as well as social impact, ecological responsibility and social activism.
Spring campus : day to day programme for agents
→ Tuesday 15th
• All day long : Communication workshops with Nika Vogric (SI, Pr/Marketing, Druga Godba) / Regina Fisch (AT, Pr/Marketing Music Austria) / Benjamin Kohler (FR, Pr/Marketing, Périscope) and Jean Guillaume Selmer (FR/ DuNose Productions)
• 5 :30 pm : Meeting with Antoine Bos (Ajc / Jazz Migration)
→ Wedsneday 16th
• 9:30 am : Inclusivity workshops with Gwendolenn Sharp (FR/ The Green Room), Alice Rouffineau (FR/ educational and audience programme/ Périscope) and Martyna van Nieuwland-Markowska (Pl / Culture Katowice)
• 3 pm : Ecology and sustainability workshops for artistic careers and touring, Pierre Dugelay (FR / The Périscope) and Gwendolenn Sharp (The Green Room)
• 5:30 pm : Conference : “Calculating carbon impact and building a sustainable strategy for live music in Europe“
Gwendolenn Sharp (NL/ The Green Room), Antonin Guy (FR/WeCount), Pierre Dugelay (FR / Périscope).
→ Thursday 17th
• 9:30 am : Entrepreneurship in the field of jazz with
(NL/Agent, Good Music Company) and the Footprints’ partners
• 3pm : Meeting with Footprints partners : Bimhuis, Drugra Godba, International Jazz Platform, Olsojazz Festival, Music Austria, The Périscope
• 5:30 pm : Conference : “European markets : connection between different territories and artistic scenes” with Footprints partners from France, Slovenia, Norway, Netherlands, Austria and Poland
→ Friday 18th
• 9:30 am : European Jazz music Market with Danielle Oosterop (NL, Agent) and the footprint’s partners
• 3 pm : European Jazz music Market : case studies with agents ; Romain Dugelay (FR, Compagnie 4000), Tiphanie Moreau (FR, ONJ), Danielle Oosterop (NL, Agent)
• 5:30 pm : Conference : “Taking care of yourself, taking care of business : health and social issues in the music industry ” by Cura Collective.
→ Saturday 19h
• All day long : Individual meetings with mentors from Druga Godba, Bimhuis, Olsojazz, Music Austria, Périscope, Intl Jazz Platform
→ Sunday 20th
• All day long : Individual meetings with mentors from Druga Godba, Bimhuis Olsojazz, Music Austria, Périscope, Intl Jazz Platform
→ Monday 21th
• Morning : Social and fiscal management of artistic tours in Europe: overview and methodology workshop with Anaïs Lukacs (Mobiculture).
• Afternoon : Touring Production. Workshop with Footprints agents.